Get Involved: Open Space Mountain Parks - Assist Staff: Native Seed Collection ODVP-Lead
Assist Staff: Native Seed Collection ODVP-Lead
Native Seed Collection Volunteer Leads (NSCVL)
Restoring Ecosystems and Increasing Plant Diversity on Native and Agriculture
Dream it! Build it! Love it! Come join us as we support the legacy of the City of Boulder OSMP! We are currently recruiting for a Native Seed Collection Volunteer Lead. In this role the positions will directly support Native Seed Collection One-Day Volunteer Projects (ODVP). Lead Volunteer Leader will work directly with OSMP staff and volunteers.
- Native Seed Collection Volunteer Lead will provide Volunteer Services and Resource Staff support at Seed Collection Projects.
- Native Seed Collection Volunteer Lead responsibilities will be to:
- Assist the staff leader(s) with helping volunteer seed collectors properly identify and collect the target species.
- Screening collection bags during the event to ensure that only the target species is being collected.
- Direct volunteers to the best collecting areas and remind volunteers of safety hazards.
- Connect and be welcoming to volunteers/staff, support with registration setup (Get to the project early when staff show up, assist staff leads, answer questions, other tasks.)
- Be knowledgeable to species collected and how this project supports Climate Action.
- Comfort working outdoors – with groups.
- Ability to hike on steep trails or off-trail areas safely.
- Excellent record keeping and communication skills.
- Ability to work during the week.
- Work well with staff and volunteers.
- Required to sign an Acknowledgment of Risk and Release Form.
- Annually, attend three - six volunteer projects.
- Complete a background check.
- Have a commitment to the mission of OSMP.
- Work closely with OSMP staff on scheduling and ability to be self-organized
- Time Commitment:
- This role is committed to July until November of 2022.
- Select projects mornings during the week.
- Help bring the seed to the drying areas and organize post collection
- Support seed cleaning in the summer/fall.
- Volunteer Benefits:
- Gain experience with working directly with Resource staff and Volunteer Services.
- Connect with others who care about OSMP and Climate Action Projects.
- Enjoy the beauty and wellness effects of OSMP from working on the land.